it says it cannot be opened? playing on mac
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I'm having the same issue
That's probably because the MacOS version is not signed. We don't have any reliable access to MacOS devices, so for now MacOS version is quite experimental and untested. We will work on it more in the future.
we will get more updates? i rly like this game
Big thanks to tarkovsky for blessing us with this incredible game! As I played, I was enjoying every minute, even though people in my class were saying 'ItS fOrTnItE 4!' again, big thanks to you tarkovsky for the game! Would like to see a 2nd game or some DLC for it.
Thanks! I'm really glad you like our game. For now we are not planning 2nd game as this one is still in development (and on quite early stage).
If you have Discord account you can check our current progress on our server - https://discord.gg/UFzhkNsQmY
This is this type of "HOW THE HECK IS THIS EVEN FREE" games. Everything is slick, fast, smart, the vibe is there, the look is there, the optimization is there, the photo fucking mode is there... I mean that's as good as it gets basically. You have so much talent mate!!
Quick feedback still:
- We need a better UI (I think): it feels just that little bit too bland imo
- Cars with just 1 gun are pretty boring compared to the complexity of the 2 gunned ones
- I think taking the time to think bosses with more abilities, thinking the cars that surround them (their squad kinda) and that way, creating harmonies/combos (for instance a fire thrower boss with a crew of cars leaving a trail of oil behind them) would greatly improve replayability (you could randomly match a boss with a crew, and that way creating crazy fights)
- I think a greater variety of enemies would give a lot more depth to the game (you could play with aesthetics, music, references...) which I think, as it stand, is the real problem of the game
- Finally I kinda think the real next step is just MORE MORE MORE, since the base is there, you just need to had the content: we just need MORE weapons, MORE enemies, MORE cars, MORE maps, you get the point
I know it's a pre-alpha but gosh is that clean. Good luck for what is still left to be done. Obviously this is just my feedback and opinion, and you are the one who should make choices for your game.
So enthusiastic to see devs still putting up this like this. Keep going!
Thank you for kind words :)
Glad you enjoyed the game and thank you for the feedback, some comments to it:
- Agree about the UI - we are reworking whole UI, it will have similar vibe and look but it will be actually 3D and will have more animations and "juice" to it.
- Cars with just one hardpoint will stay, sorry :D , but we are trying to make them more useful by giving them other advantages.
- Special abilities (special attacks, nitro boost, etc.) for bosses and player will be added for sure, but for now we are focusing on making "basic" combat as good as we can before adding more complex features to it.
- Boss randomization is something that we would love to do, but I'm not sure if we can make it good enough, will try!
- We are currently adding more enemy AI types to the game to add more variety and tactics to combat (but keeping it still kind of "simple and fun").
- We are working on the mood, lore, world, story, etc. - it's important for us to make the game interesting, but for now our main focus is gameplay.
If you are into Discord servers than you can check our current progress there :)
I got bored, i go to itch io, I want driving and shooting, I saw FUMES, i click, i see, i download, i like, i play for a day. THE very best game i've ever seen on itch.io. The filters was nice, i ran the game 1080p on an AMD A8 with R7 Graphics (sh*tty), The game mechanics is cool, customization is a bit limited but its okay. Maybe add a little bit more scrap when killing boss? But anyways, I finished the game in just.. 3.. Hours? so yeah, just a little bit of more bosses, more guns, more bodies etc. It would be PERFECT!!
Aww thank you for playing and reviewing it and this cool screenshot! <3 We are working on improving and adding stuff to pretty much every aspect of the game (we are usually sharing progress on our discord server).
Ohh and thank you for letting us know that game works on this hardware. We are trying to keep it optimized, so hopefully most people can try it.
thank you for responding and following back, means a lot when people appreciates your opinion.
and you also made Picohot, it is a very nice game! I played it almost a year ago, and I didn't even bother to send you a comment or a review of the game since I was lazy to make an account at that time. (I'am mostly lazy about everything.) And I actually had screenshots of the game, but my disc got wiped cause I formatted it sometime ago, I totally forgot about those screenshots of games I played lol. But anyways, keep on making and developing cool awesome games!!!
-ish faraday, greetings from Philippines
i love this game so much. one thing is missing from this game. the body style of a one very very iconic (super-charged) auzie ford, if you catch my drift.
I downloaded it but when I extract the files it won't run it just asks me to extract the files again.
What operating system do you have? Windows, MacOS or Linux?
This feels awesome, this is only a pre-alpha? It’s an amazing game.
Thanks! It's pre-alpha because we plan to add a lot more to it and we might change some stuff here and there.
I love it.
Thank you for making this.
Thank you! There is more to come in the future :)
dusk pfp? chad.
HEY GUYS! I GOT A NEW PC :D
Before I start playing this game why the hell did a windows defender popup saying, "We protected your pc" Forgot what it said fully. Okay okay I get that windows defender isn't the greatest... But I rather be safe than sorry. Could you perhaps fix this? If you can thank you.
Hmm that's odd, but we'll see what we can do about it. Thanks for the report!
yo pirx,quick update of myself,old discord got disabled and my pc graphics card exploded,i wont be able to play the game for a few months or years,wish me luck
Glad to hear from you, hope you will sort this out!
oof, that's awful. i never had that happen to me, but i did spend a good while without a working pc, so i know how it is. if you want any help finding parts for a new pc or smth, i can help you out :)
would be cool if we could use melee weapons like the saw cars ^w^
Agree, we are planning to add some cool melee weapons, but we need to make them more useful first - with current pace of combat saw turned out to be quite useless for the player.
pls add skip to the respawn and loot animation. it would be great if we could call the garage car
I really want to see more content, game has big potential, also it works so smooth on integrated videocard. Please do not stop the development !
The horse girl's don't stand a chance.
i love ur video thumbnail
Nerf the bore guy
i wanna know the soundtrack to this game cus this is SICK!
Glad you enjoyed it, thanks! It's original, made specifically for the game. We are going to publish it somewhere soon (YT, Bandcamp or Soundcloud).
Honestly, I'm surprised that it's pre-alpha.
Quality of execution is great and amount of content is decent.
Keep up the good work, guys. Looking forward for future updates and full release.)
Exactly what I was looking for 👍
very good game
Glad you found our game :) Hope you will enjoy future updates!
I come back and play this one every now and again. It's just plain ol'fun!
The controls are tight, the physics are awesome, the action is explosive, and the replayability gets you going!
There are still things being added and I can't wait for more content.
Keep it up!!
Made a review
Its one of those games you didn't know you needed, but you did indeed need :D
This game...this is awesome. Loved Vigilante 8 and Twisted Metal as a kid and this just scratches that itch that I've had for a long time. Developer, great job and I cannot stress enough how excited I am for future updates. The controls handle smoothly, car customization, not to mention the soundtrack and the retro feel it has to it. So good!
TM2 was my first PSX game. I am here for this :)
Full Demo No Commentary
crossout with ps1 graphics
Is that good or bad? :D
very good, now im addicted to it ,its like C R A C K
thats good :]
yes im here from olicja XD
"Fumes" is a blast (literally)! 😁
Hi, I've made a video about the game and wanted to share some feedback about it, hopefully it is useful to you ^^-The concept of the game it's really original and has a really fun spin that I really love :D
-The gameplay mechanics are really good and well implemented with how the world of the game works, I liked the fact that you can make misions or just have fun trying different combinations with the car and exploding some cars around the map.
-Visually the game looks amazing, and the only thing that could be improved is the "world design" since it would be nice to have more props around the map to improve the ambientation while provising more "cover" options that could become part of the "gameplay mechanics" if used well.
-The controls are really solid, the performance it's quite good, and I haven't found many bugs, the only one I managed to saw was that the trailer got stuck into the ground when I went further into the map.
In conclusion, the idea is great and I hope you keep working on it. Hopefully this is useful for the development :D, also if you could subscribe that would help me a lot :)
Thanks for playing and feedback, great video! Lots of improvements for environments are planned 😊
As a fan of Carmageddon I have to say that you bring back my childhood. I really love this game and it is very cute that current version does not have game end. Looking forward for another updates guys!
Sweet mother of god, this takes me back to playing Twisted Metal! This is NOT pre-alpha, this can easily be its own game right now. It was obnoxiously fun, and packed with action! I especially love the gimic where you roll but always land upright.
I got the first car that lets you add a second weapon on the front but it won't let the machine gun turn for some reason but the cannon works just fine.
AI is super fun and crazy as hell!
Game is quick to pick up and has plenty of depth to it!
After you win a wave and get all the new goodies, I think it just just teleport you straight to the customization screen. Also the little victory video, while cool, I kinda wanna skip it after a few times.
I'd also mess with your weapon info. It says the rotary machine gun does 63 damage and the cannon does 75 but the cannon one-shots almost everything so it does WAY more damage than that.
There's plenty of strategy to be had. My favorite one is to put the cannon on the front and drive backwards. EAT SCRAP!
Can't wait to see where this goes! One of my favorite games on this site!
Awww thank you! <3 Currently damage is displayed as damage points per second, so it is quite misleading - it will be changed in the next update for sure!
This game is really great, glad I stumbled across it. ->
YOU, MISTER DEVELOPER, HAVE SINNED, HOW DARE THOU WRITE "WASD" AS "WSAD", YOU FUCKING MONSTER, HOW DO YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT
Amazing game, I felt great Twisted Metal and Vigilante 8 vibes here. Can`t wait for the full game. Congrats!
Wow! This is a cool game! I like it, wasteland, vehicles, weapons... Destruction! I like it!
But...there are still some situations...the planet's gravity is a little low, and the enemies sometimes crowd together.
Why can the boxcar only be equipped with three weapons...it has a larger body and roof. The rear of the truck is not used. Perhaps these special BOSS bodies can carry some "heavy directional weapons" that cannot be turned, and have powerful AOE destructive power.
I found that the bosses except BAVARIUS are all monster trucks. They seem to be a bit monotonous. I think it is possible to have a powerful boss, such as a land cruiser, a fortress, or a huge gunship?
Thanks, feedback noted! Glad you enjoyed our little game <3
I recommended this game to my circle of friends, and they were deeply attracted. This V8 and TM style work brought us back to our childhood! !
I found a setting bug, I hope you can fix it.
Many enemy AIs may be for avoidance, they are good at taking a snake-like route. This also leads to a bug, that is, if the player stops next to a certain obstacle, the enemy will spin around and become a live target. Sometimes, you can use specific terrain to "stuck" the bosses and make them spin around, it's hard for them to shoot at you, and you can beat them easily.
Personally hope that the following settings can be updated in the future, so that the game will be more interesting.
1. Car whistle: Yes, to relieve the boring toys while running in the wilderness...please!
2. I like the feeling of going hand in hand with several wastelands and shooting each other, but can there be a nitrogen system?
3. Neutral battles in the wilderness should have meaning.
4, mines! I want mines! This is one of what I call "powerful AOE destructive power"
Nice find! Will try to fix this goofy AI :D
1. Car whistle/horn - I agree it should be in the game! Lots of potential uses for it.
2. We have plans for special abilities/items that can be mounted (like parts) and used. One of them will be some kind of nitro boost. These will come a bit later in the development though.
3. Yeah, current free roam is like first, bare-bone implementation. We added it primarily to slow down pacing a bit between fights. Will be adding more meaning to it in the future updates.
4. Some AOE weapons are planned, we just need to work a bit more on what we currently have in the game first :D
Thanks for your reply, this stupid AI makes a powerful enemy useless, XD! I love this game, I've been playing it for two days! !
Finally, I personally talk about other problems in the game.
1. The snow area seems to be more difficult. If I don't use the circle bug, I often let the enemy chase and kill. I want to be able to balance it out. The three times I died in the game were in snow, XD.
2. Although the cannon in the game is very powerful, its use is not so important during RUN and shot, and it should be improved.
3, I want the player to have teammates (optional) The team can limit the number and ability with some value. I know the game isn't difficult, but just expect teammates to fight with...even, fight with human players. Just like when I was a child, playing TM together~
4. The problem of the gravity system in the game must be improved. Often some enemies fly out like juggling... They even fly into the sky!
5. I hope that after opening the lucky bag, the front of the car will not automatically turn to face the red smoke,
6. I would like to have an enemy approaching notification, because I can't always keep an eye on the radar, and sometimes I have to 360 degrees to find an enemy in a blind spot of my field of vision (I have no idea where he came from). Maybe it's more important for melee enemies, because there are times when I'm too busy shooting and get hit hard. Oh! Melee... This kind of accessories is estimated to be updated in the future, right?
Oh! By the way, the game's punishment seems to have to be a little bit more relaxed, if the player dies and loses the weapon, then the player has to have a way to replenish the weapon, because I don't want to drive a car with only a light machine gun against the enemy troops in trucks and RVs.
If the game is released in full, I will buy it, I love nostalgic games, such as alisa and other PSone quality works.
7 NINERS SHALL NOT STOP ME 7 NINERS SHALL NOT STOP ME